Monday, December 2, 2013

Sharpie Mug! Grumpy Cat Edition

This is a incredibly easy DIY craft project. This was my first attempt at a baked sharpie mug. Here's how I did it and these are my results!

Materials Needed:
Sharpie(s) - I kept it simple and only used one black sharpie but feel free to let the colors of the rainbow cover your mug!
Plain Stoneware or Porcelain Mug - I found mine and TJ Max for less than 2 dollars

My Mug and Sharpie!

 Instructions:

1. Decide what design you would like to create. I chose grumpy cat since the person I am giving this to is a huge fan of this grumpy internet sensation.

2. I would suggest finding a photo online to serve as a guideline. You could also freestyle it if you like. I'm not the boss of you.
My Guideline
3. Grab your sharpie and begin to draw! No worries if you mess up, the sharpie comes of easily with baking soda or rubbing alcohol. 

4. Once you've finished your design, set the mug in the oven (pre-heated to 350 degrees). Set the timer for 30 minutes and dance it out as you wait.

5. Wait for it to cool. Viola! You are now a proud owner of an uber fabulous, handmade mug!


Here's how mine turned out!

Another Side Shot
A Side Shot





















Just a little side note. I would suggest hand washing the mug just to protect the design. I have heard that the design can fade through the dishwasher.

Have a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment